Playground Business Developer
Use your ‘big-kid-at-heart’ approach to life working alongside the Earthscape design-build team to continue to strategically grow and develop Earthscape’s custom playground business.
Earthscape is an award-winning, design-build firm that specializes in amazing, commercial, contemporary timber playgrounds. Our main design studio/workshop is located in Canada; our European office is in Amsterdam. Our playgrounds are installed all over the world.
Earthscape is a leader in the renaissance of custom playgrounds, incorporating natural materials, creative site-based design and the highest quality construction. Inspired by children and play around the world, we are passionate about building serious fun.
Our playgrounds are designed to be inclusive, innovative, unique and challenging; spaces for testing boundaries, advancing physical skills and building confidence and independence. They are places to be enjoyed by people of all ages and all abilities.
As Playground Business Developer, you will work to expand Earthscape’s position in the North American and global playground market using your combined skills in design, sales and business.
You will introduce Earthscape to potential clients and then work closely with internal and client designers to get new playground projects off the ground. Our existing clients include internationally renowned Landscape Architecture firms; as well as cities, towns and municipalities; schools; non-profit organizations; and child care centres. You will continue to develop our client base.
You will (post-pandemic) spend up to 50% of your time travelling in North America and beyond to meet with prospective clients in-person. Your key responsibility will be to develop and advance new and existing client relationships and to strategically position Earthscape for new business opportunities.
The Nitty Gritty
- you likely have an academic background and/or work experience relating to a creative sector industry (probably industrial design, landscape architecture or architecture)
- you have experience working directly with clients in sales and/or marketing
- you may either be a sales-minded person who can design or a design-minded person who can sell – either way, you can speak ‘design’ authentically and convincingly
- you have a kid-centred playful approach to life; in reading about this job you’re already thinking about play spaces
- you are competitive and don’t like to lose but when you do, it is a learning experience, not a grudge; you take ownership of your results and adapt quickly, when necessary, to make changes for the better
- you’re a strategic, big-picture thinker who enjoys building and maintaining relationships but you also pay attention to the small details that matter
- your colleagues, friends and family say you have a lot of energy and communicate with passion and enthusiasm
- you have great communication skills; your emails are concise, you don’t hit reply all unnecessarily, you are prompt, well mannered, and smile a lot
- you love a big challenge; love to problem solve alone and/or with others; and you’re motivated to make a big impact in our innovative company
What’s in it for you?
This job will offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a business that designs the world’s most innovative playground projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will develop and refine your skills with a collegial like-minded group who are young, dynamic, and experienced. Teammates have an impressive range of backgrounds and knowledge; above all we work together, have fun, and are dedicated to creating amazing playgrounds.
We believe strongly in rewarding our staff with a combination of:
- profit sharing and share ownership;
- a flexible and fun work environment;
- contributing to world-class projects;
- competitive salaries + benefits for full-time employees.