Landscape Construction Labourer
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Who are we?
Our company, Earthscapeis recognized as an award-winning design-build firm that specializes in custom playgrounds and high-end residential landscaping.Our main office, fabrication shop and yard are located in Waterloo Region (Ontario) and our second office/yard is located in Toronto (Leaside).
We are a group of young, ambitious, creative dreamers and builders who work hard and are exceptionally proud of what we design and create. Our project managers aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and our installation crews know that we trust, and highly-value, their work. It makes for an environment that is extremely positive, productive, fun and rewarding, though admittedly, a bit stressful at times.
What do we need?
We are looking for several Landscape Construction Labourersto work with our GTA basedplayground installation and landscape construction team. Our Toronto crews work on both types of sites so you could be installing a playground or you could be working on a residential landscape project.
_A bit about our playgrounds – they are probably not what you might expect – these are epic play spaces built for a variety of clients from cities to schools to child care centres. This definitely isn’t your typical landscape construction job.
Before you apply, you should check out www.earthscapeplay.com(playgrounds) and www.earthscape.ca (residential) to see what you would be installing/creating._
Now, who are we looking for?
As a Landscape Construction Labourer, you will:
- have a some experience in landscaping construction site work (concrete, masonry, some carpentry, site layout, site grading and water features);
- have experience reading and interpreting scaled drawings;
- communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues and clients;
- uphold high standards for safety, construction standards and quality control;
- thrive in a busy work environment and respect project timelines and dates;
- want to be proud of your employer and work for a highly regarded industry-recognized leader;
- be comfortable and skilled operating a variety of landscape machinery;
- have a minimum G class license.
What’s in it for you?
This job will offer the opportunity to work on some of Canada’s most interesting playground projects and some of the GTA’s most beautiful residential landscape projects. The pace, challenges and problem-solving opportunities mean you will never be bored. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine a wide variety of skills in our rapidly growing business. Your colleagues are young, dynamic, highly skilled and dedicated to Earthscape’s success. We have up-to-date equipment and do not believe in management BS.
In addition, we believe in great compensation for great employees, and we reward our staff with a combination of:
- profit sharing and performance bonuses
- overtime pay
- award-winning projects and designs
- track record of excellent client relations (happy clients make our jobs more enjoyable too)
- up to date equipment, including trucks
- excellent on-the-job training in project management and site supervision
- no management hassles, and great colleagues
- steady hours of 50 to 60 hours/week, with very few rain days off
- extended working season
- benefits for full-time and regular seasonal employees
Job Type: Full-time