Landscaping Lead Hand
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Who are we?
Our company, Earthscape is recognized as an award-winning design-build firm that specializes in custom playgrounds and high-end residential landscaping. Our main office, fabrication shop and yard are located just outside of Elmira, Ontario; a second office/yard is located in Toronto.
We are a group of young, ambitious, creative dreamers and builders who work hard and are exceptionally proud of what we design and create. Our project managers aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and our installation crews know that we trust, and highly-value, their work. It makes for an environment that is extremely positive, productive, fun and rewarding, though admittedly, a bit stressful at times.
What do we need?
We are looking for another Landscaping Lead Hand to work with our Waterloo Region team. We do NOT do snowplowing.
Now, who are we looking for?
As a Landscaping Lead Hand, you:
- have two to five years of experience across a broad range of landscaping construction site work (concrete, masonry, carpentry, site layout, site grading and water features);
- have experience reading and interpreting scaled drawings;
- are looking for something new, exciting and creative to be a part of;
- have a big imagination and great problem solving skills;
- recognize the importance of building to high quality standards – we always aim to do a job exceptionally well the first time;
- want to be proud of your employer and work for a highly regarded industry-recognized leader;
- communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues and clients;
- thrive in a busy work environment and respect project timelines and dates;
- are comfortable and skilled operating a variety of landscape machinery;
- have a minimum G class license.
What’s in it for you?
This job offers the opportunity to work on some of southern Ontario’s most beautiful landscape design-build projects. The pace, challenges and problem-solving opportunities mean you will never be bored. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine a wide variety of skills in our rapidly growing business where there is always room for advancement.
We believe in great compensation for great employees, and we reward our staff with a combination of:
– profit sharing and performance bonuses
– overtime pay
– award-winning projects and designs
– track record of excellent client relations (happy clients make our jobs more enjoyable too)
– up to date equipment, including trucks
– excellent on-the-job training in project management and site supervision
– no management hassles, and great colleagues
– benefits for full-time and regular seasonal employees
– steady hours of 50 to 60 hours/week, with very few rain days off